Although the internet was first made available in 1969, it wasn’t made public until the 1990s. Since then, the use of the internet has spread like fire around the world. Similar to the electric motor in the industrial age, the internet is the leading technology of the IT age. The Internet is primarily a global interconnected network that allows for wireless interactive communication. There are currently roughly around 7 to 7.5 billion users of wireless devices using Internet technology. In the previous decade, roughly around 7.7 billion people from all around the world have used the internet.
It will not be an overstatement to say that the internet has now connected all human beings together. There are differences in available bandwidth, efficiency, and cost of the use of the internet. The internet has also led to a complete change in communication, information availability, and social interaction. However, as with all major technological shifts, the internet has both merits and demerits related to society. In this brief article, we will only discuss the top best merits of the Internet on society and the economy. Down below are written some of the top merits of the internet:
- The internet provides effective communications around the world through email and instant messaging services. They can connect with their friends and strangers quickly and easily. In case of an emergency, you can contact us immediately. You can interact with content creators and produce it.
- The internet has widely improved business interaction and has saved the precious time of the businessmen. With the help of the internet, the customers can directly or indirectly contract with the business owners. With the internet, businessmen get a greater chance to impress their clients with their online services. Online shopping and banking have now become everyone’s favourite method.
- One can also access the breaking and the latest news from different parts of the world without being tied to television or print media like newspapers. For example, hurricanes, storms, and accidents can be tracked on the Internet. Many can easily do their jobs with the help of various online search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bingo, Firefox, etc. one can get to know about different cultures and countries through photos and videos without leaving home.
- Online education is free thanks to the internet. Online education has gained momentum as countless books and magazines are available online. This action allows people to learn all new things. Students can now choose online courses over the Internet. Professionals can now share information and other study tips online to improve and help the other student learning experience. The internet has made the search easier. The Internet has enabled the exchange of ideas and materials between scientists, university professors, and students and has provided servers, resource centres, and online tools for research and academic activities.
- There is endless free content for all people with different tastes. It is a creative environment where you can learn a lot, from developing an app to programming and taking guitar lessons on YouTube.
- Applying for a job has also gotten easier, most vacancies are posted online and online applications are becoming the norm. One will immediately receive information on what is happening in the world.
- Almost everything today is connected and works on the Internet. It will not be an overstatement to say that the Internet is becoming the engine of every new invention. For instance, online learning, business intelligence, cloud computing & file savings, automation, and the advancement and development of artificial intelligence tools and services. All the amazing services would have been never possible without the help of the internet.
- Using the internet for planning a tour or trip is very effective. In the 21st century, one only needs to go to Google before visiting the places to check whether that suits him. We booked our tour online. We can read blogs about tours, travel experiences, and tips. Many travel service providers and companies use online methods and marketing campaigns to attract different people to their websites and book package tours. Now one can easily compare the prices of tour packages online and decide which one best suits his budget and requirements. Using the internet is very effective as we can now see and analyze the location before booking our tour package.
To get all the merits of the internet, apply Time fibre home broadband Malaysia in your houses and office if you are a resident of Malaysia to get the fastest speed internet in Malaysia.
To read more articles like this, take a look at our website!